Sunday, July 25, 2010

Visit by Gabriel, Jess, and Max



We live far away form home, and really treasured Rebekka and Lee's visit to Beijing in December. As a relatively BIG birthday approached, it was really exiting to know that Gabriel, Jess and Max would help us celebrate this special event by coming to Beijing. Gabe and Jess came for a week while Max was able to stay close to 3 weeks. We had a great Wall hike, sightseeing at the usual Beijing sights like The Forbidden City, The Summer Palace, ate some great Chinese food and of course did some shopping!! Max and I even got a trip to Xian to visit the Terra Cotta Warriers via sleeper train. And we had some fun biking together all over Beijing. My birthday was celebrated at a Vegetarian Buddhist Restaurant where it is hard to tell that the Beijng duck you eat is really tofu (or dofu as it is called here) It was a great celebration, thank you for coming at that special time.

And thank you to all my friends at home. We have never really used the postal service much while here. But to all of you at home who organized a deluge of mail to let me know that I am still a part of your lives: "Thank You So Much." I would have liked to celebrate with you, and you made me feel like I did. Thank you for mailing presents to Gabriel, so when he opened his suitcase, your presence was felt in Beijing. I am so lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment