Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Real Beijing Duck and Haircut Part 3

The Real Beijing Duck:
Astri and I spent the day yesterday at the Temple of Heaven and then walking through some very local Hutong streets to the West of the Temple. We were in a local outdoor market when we came upon an outdoor rotisserie. I asked: "Zheige shi ji ma?"(Is that chicken?) He laughed at me and answered: "quack, quack, quack". We ate it the same night and it was excellent and for only 17 RMB (about $2.50)


Haircut Part 3:



I am realizing how fast everything changes in China but didn't expect it to hit so hard personally. After finally finding a haircutter that I felt comfortable with, I was riding my bicycle past the shop and found this scene!! Can I track him down? Stay tuned.

Reporting from Beijing
Philip

1 comment: